Mchapa schrieb:

Hello everyone. I have a problem with Aspell in LyX, it works pretty nice in
English, but i cannot use it in spanish, i got an error message that says:

The spellcheker could not be started
No word list can be found for the language "es_ES".

I installed both dicc. at the same time. I created an Alias file called "es_ES"
but it did not solve the problem.

Strange, but a reinstallation should fix this:

- close LyX, log in as administrator
- uninstall only the Spanish Aspell dictionary via the Windows Software list
- check that there no file "es.pws" and "es.prepl" on your PC
- reinstall this Spanish Aspell dictionary:
http://prdownload.berlios.de/lyxwininstall/aspell6-es-0.50-2.exe
- start LyX and reconfigure it (only to be safe)

If this doesn't work:

- uninstall _all_ Aspell dictionaries via the Windows Software list
- uninstall Aspell the same way
- uninstall LyX _completely_
- check that there are no leftovers of spell in the registry
- check that there is no Aspell folder and file on your PC
- reinstall LyX using the complete version of this installer:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller

regards Uwe