Am Monday 12 April 2010 08:11:50 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:
> Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> > I am finally trying biblatex-biber in LyX after my son helped me to
> > install it  under Debian.
> >
> > I have entered in
> > tools>preferences>file format
> > Format: biber
> > Sorting: biber
> > (I am using the German version, Einsortieren als; maybe my translation is
> > not  correct)
> > everything else I left empty
> >
> > Is this correct?
>
> No. Instead, do this:
>
> In
> Tools > Preferences > Output > LaTeX > BibTeX command
>
> replace "bibtex" (or whatever call you have) by "biber" (or "biber
> <options>"). Hit Apply and Save.
>
> Jürgen

Thanks, Jürgen,

I did this now. But what do I have to do in

 tools>preferences>file format

which I had (erranoeusly) changed to

> > Format: biber
> > Sorting: biber

?
I tried to find out by using the corresponding one of the lyx file of the user
guide of Lyx, but strangely this shows also

 Format: biber
 Sorting: biber

and the same with an older lyx file of mine, where I am surely never changed
these items in tools>preferences>file format
to biber. since I had not used it at that time.

I am really puzzled and would appreciate the help of one of the gurus.

Wolfgang