rgheck wrote:
> It'd be nice to hear precisely what people would want that version
> control does not provide. I have a hard time myself seeing why it is any
> more than an "isn't that cool" feature for two people simultaneously to
> edit a single document. I.e., fun, but hardly revolutionary as far as
> actual productivity goes, at least for the sort of work most LyX users
> actually do. There's no doubt that LyXs' VC support could be improved,
> and it has been in some significant ways for 2.0, so we'd happily hear
> suggestions about that, too.

I also think that VC probably provides all you need for collaboration
(although a closer integration of VC, comparision and CT would be cool).

For me, a main obstacle is the lack of a suitable web service. My Faculty does
not provide svn or other VC repositories, and I did not find a suitable
service on the web yet, where I can savely store my data in such a way that
only selected people can access it. But maybe I just didn't search long
enough.

Jürgen