Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> (although a closer integration of VC, comparision and CT would be cool).

i'm glad to hear somebody else also thinks it would be cool ;)
from the VC point of view things are prepared in LFUN_VC_COMPARE
but there is currently no easy way how to call comparison.
i still hope we can settle on some solution with Vincent for 2.0.

> For me, a main obstacle is the lack of a suitable web service. My Faculty
> does
> not provide svn or other VC repositories, and I did not find a suitable
> service on the web yet, where I can savely store my data in such a way that
> only selected people can access it. But maybe I just didn't search long
> enough.

these are first hits on googling "public svn service"
http://allantech.blogspot.com/2007/06/awesome-publicfree-svn-repository.html
http://forums.site5.com/showthread.php?t=6580

personally i would never give my data to any alien server though.
pavel