For those looking for private repos:
blog.assembla.com/assemblablog/tabid/12618/bid/12217/April-14-Repo-Blitz-Free-unlimited-SVN-and-GIT-and-much-more.aspx

<http://blog.assembla.com/assemblablog/tabid/12618/bid/12217/April-14-Repo-Blitz-Free-unlimited-SVN-and-GIT-and-much-more.aspx>good
move assembla. this is a good move:
"We are now offering free, privately permissioned, encryption enabled,
unlimited user, full gigabyte, commercial quality subversion and git
repositories, and that is just the beginning."

beats github (zero private repos for free) and bitbucket (one)

Best,
-Jose

Jose Quesada, PhD.
Max Planck Institute,
Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition,
Berlin
http://www.josequesada.name/
http://twitter.com/Quesada