On 04/15/2010 04:06 AM, katrine wex wrote:
Hey there,
My computer decided to do a windows update last night, and when i oppened the
computer this morning my lyx documents said format error, plus the newest file
seems to be lost.
However i have the newest saved as PDF any chance you can convert this back to
LYX, because theres alot of formulas and stuff so it'll take forever to
rewrite??
I really hope you guys can help me!

There's no way to convert PDF to LyX. You can extract the plain text from the file, which will help some, but you won't get the formulas in a form LyX can use them.

That said, it's a little unclear how a Windows update could cause errors in the LyX document format. Can you post one of those files here, or send it to me?

Richard