On 2010-04-16, B. Bogart wrote:

> +checking for document class sfuthesis [csthesis.sty]... yes

> But when I select the corresponding layout in document settings, LyX
> stalls, python uses up 90% CPU, and continues to do so indefinitely. I
> left it overnight.

> If I manually kill LyX I get this from python:

> ^C
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/lyx/scripts/layout2layout.py", line 530, in <module>
>     main(sys.argv)
>   File "/usr/share/lyx/scripts/layout2layout.py", line 518, in main
>     format = convert(lines)
>   File "/usr/share/lyx/scripts/layout2layout.py", line 182, in convert
>     if re_Comment.match(lines[i]) or re_Empty.match(lines[i]):
> KeyboardInterrupt

> Why does this layout require conversion? Has the layout format changed?

Yes.

> Considering this layout is so simple, I can't see why python would have
> problems with it, not to mention no error or exit condition in this case.

You found a bug. There might be some problem with your layout, but
nevertheless the layout2layout script should never go into an
indefinite loop (it looks like the regexp search is not advancing at
some stage due to unusal formatting of your layout).

Could you file a bug report at track.lyx.org or report on the
lyx-devel list?