Reuven Segev <rsegev <at> bgu.ac.il> writes:

> Hi everybody,For some reason, when I insert a "Split" environment in an
equation, LyX does not insert the "&" in the source and as a result, the
equations are not aligned to the left. This is in contrast with the behavior for
theĀ  "Array" environment. Is this normal? Is there any way to insert the "&"
manually? (I tried and did not succeed.)Your help will be very much
appreciated.Reuven

I can confirm that the split environment works in LyX 1.6.4 and not in 1.6.5.
As a workaround with 1.6.5, the "add columns" button in the math toolbar (Alt-M
C I) will insert the second column and the necessary ampersands.

/Paul