On 16 May 2010 07:12, outspoken <colablizz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using LyX 1.6.5 on Windows (MikTek).
> Using Koma-Script Report
> I want my Chapter Names to be on a fresh page altogether. [Centered
> vertically and horizontally]
> Am a LyX / TeX Newbie!
> i.e.
>
> |-------new page-----|
> |                             |
> |                             |
> |                             |
> |                             |
> |      1.Introduction    |
> |                             |
> |                             |
> |                             |
> |                             |
> |-------New PAge----|
>
> 1.1 What is XYZ
> Some text here....
>

> How do I do it!
> Urgent!
> Note the chapter name should be centered on Page both horizonatally and
> vertically.
> I do not mind an ERT solution (provided someone tells me where to put what).
> --

On solution would be to re-define the \chapter command (\renewcommand)
in LaTeX which hints at what I am going to say next, which is this is
more of a LaTeX issue than a LyX issue - specifically more to do with
how komascript defines the command. There may be an ERT solution
(certainly \clearpage after the chapter will start the text on the
right now.

--
Stephen