Am 20.05.2010 11:09, schrieb Francois Berenger:

Here is what I did:
Document -> Settings -> PDF Properties

Then I checked almost everything, to be sure I would see
if any of these feature has some effect.

You don't need all of them the same time. the different options are described in sec. 6.9 "PDF Properties" of the LyX UserGuide (that you find in LyX's Help menu). You can also have a look at the document settings of the LyX UserGuide as example what options are usually set.

Then, I hit the "Save as Document Defaults" button.
I think this button made all of these options being activated.

No, the options are already activated when pressing Apply or Save.
"Save as Document Defaults" is to make the current document settings the default settings when creating new LyX files.

regards Uwe