Leo Antunes <l...@costela.net> writes:
> When configuring converters, what's the priority Lyx will give when
> trying to convert an included graphic? If I have more than one
> converters set-up for a given input format, with various output formats,
> which one will Lyx prefer?

It chooses the shortest path, I think.

> The case in point is trying to create a converter for Dot files, which
> automatically parses them through dot2tex. This means Lyx would end-up
> including an automatically produced LaTeX snippet. Is that even
> possible? Do I need to figure out a way to first export this LaTeX to
> some graphic format?

As Julien pointed out, this should be done through the external material
feature.

> As a follow-up to this question, I've noticed Lyx still manages to
> export a document with an included Dot file, even when I remove the
> configured Dot converter.

The default configured dot converter is a dot>pdf. When there is no
converter, we fallback to ImageMagick's convert utility, which may
handle dot files (I do not know).

Look for the script convertDefault.py.

JMarc