On Wednesday 02 June 2010 19:23:10 Ehud Kaplan wrote:
> I am not sure about that, but I suspect that if instead of using
> PowePoint to present the slides, you create pdf from the PP presentation
> and show it with Adobe acrobat or Reader, everything will be shown as it
> was meant to.
> EK

I was forced to do just that a couple weeks ago. I was in Pittsburgh giving my
MS Powerpoint troubleshooting course, and the client decided I should use my
(Linux) laptop instead of providing one of their (Windows) laptops. So far so
good.

But dim-bulb OpenOffice has no facility to set a right click as meaning "go
back one page", a necessity when using an RF remote presentation mouse. A
quick Google indicated there's no such setting in OpenOffice (bad OpenOffice,
no venture capital!).

So I used OpenOffice to convert the Powerpoint to PDF, and played the PDF in
Acroread. Acroread DOES have a way to set right click to "go back a slide".
Everything worked perfectly.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package