Hello all,

I've very new to LyX and somewhat new to LaTeX.  Can anyone comment on the
existence of memo templates?  The selection of user-created
templates<http://wiki.lyx.org/Layouts/Layouts> i
found (layouts? same thing right?) is surprisingly sparse given LyX's
enthusiastic user base... as several previous commenters on this list have
noted, the absence of a simple "memo" template is a shame. This
thread<http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg28646.html>
sums
it up best.

Are there many layouts out there elsewhere on the site that I'm missing?  Do
I just have to read the documentation and create my own layout?  I recognize
that it's not a very difficult process, but for new users it would be nice
if more shared layouts were on the wiki.  Of course i'm happy to post
whatever i come up with once i figure it out... just surprised there aren't
memo layouts up already :)

Best regards,
Kevin