Hi,

I am a newb to LyX and LaTeX. I apologize if this is (a) not the right
forum/locale to ask my question in
and (b) the answer to this question is somewhere on the website and I
am just too stupid to find it (I spent
several hours searching - at least I can't find an answer to my question).

I am trying to get LyX to hyperlink to a local pdf such that a
clickable "name" field in the pdf created by lyx
opens a desired pdf (located in the same folder as the LyX document
and the pdf).

I want to use local references because I am using dropbox with a
colleague, I use a mac, he uses Windows.

If I am not being clear about what I am trying to do, I will try to
explain again: I am working on a joint
research paper, we are trying to write it in LaTeX, we would like the
final PDF produced by LyX to link to
PDFs in the same folder as the LyX document so that we can quickly
jump to references. Essentially, I am
writing him notes and saying: see here, and want him to be able to jump there.

If the hyperlink would also work in LyX and/or anyone could give me
advice on how to jump to a specific
section in a pdf or how best to annotate said pdf this would all be
REALLY helpful.

Thank you so much for understanding, sorry to be such a newbie if my
questions seem stupid.

N.B.
I am using a Mac 10.6.3 and LyX 1.6.6

Sincerely,