Hi,

I did this in LyX on Linux, should work on any other platform:

1) Open one of the help files (like help --> Introduction)
2) Edit the documents settings (Document --> Settings...)
3) In the new window (LYX: Document Settings), Click on LaTeX Preamble
4) copy this part:

% the pages of the TOC is numbered roman
% and a pdf-bookmark for the TOC is added
\pagenumbering{roman}
\let\myTOC\tableofcontents
\renewcommand\tableofcontents{%
  \pdfbookmark[1]{\contentsname}{}
  \myTOC
  \cleardoublepage
  \pagenumbering{arabic} }
5) Paste it in the preamble of your document (open your document, document
settings etc.).

This worked for me using the following classes:
  * book (KOMA-Script)
  * book
  * article
  * report

If you want absolutely no page number for the TOC, maybe somebody else will
give you the solution... although I'm quite convinced I've encountered this
somewhere else on the net before.