alpking <alpking <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm currently writing my master's thesis with Lyx and I have a question :
>
> Is it possible to number the equations without the number of the section
> before ? For now, when I insert a new numbered formula, it is numbered like
> that : (4.13), meaning the 13th equation in the fourth section. But I want
> it in the following format : (13), meaning the 13th equation of all the
> document.
>
> For info, I use Lyx 1.6.6.1 and the AMSmath package.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

See you, please, if the module "Number Equations by Section"
is loaded in "Document Settings". Then you can try to delete it.

Some document classes load some modules by default. Maybe you are using one
of these classes, e.g. book(AMS)

You can find a detailed info about Formula Numbering in the section 19
of the Math manual in the Help menu

Regards
Ignacio