2010/7/15 Artimess <artim...@gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I am having no success on including some pstrick code as I always get
> errors.  If I just put the code in a normal documet and do:
> latex ->dvi2pdf then it works.
> It seems to me that pdflatex has some issues with pstricks.  Is there any
> work around for it?
> Thanks
> Artimess
>
> ps:The sample code that I am using is.  yes, I have pstrick and pstree in my
> preamble
>
> \pstree[radius=3pt]{\Toval{root}}{\TC * \TC* \TC* \TC*}

One thing needs to be understand and remembered: pdflatex does not
understand POSTSCRIPT. So everything further is a little bit tricky.

Please read: http://www.coli.uni-saarland.de/~fouvry/how-do-I.html
It may help you understand what you need to have PSTricks working with
your LaTeX document. I've tried, but getting results is very heavy and
time consuming tasks.

And, what is worth mention here, LyX does not support such trickery
execution of different types of LaTeX compilers. Some --shell-escape
added to pdflatex invocation helps with pst-pdf, but I could cause
pdflatex to crash every time you do not use PSTrick in your document.

In general, worth to try, but everyday usefulness in minor in my opinion.

On the other hand I heard Tikz gives good results with pdflatex:
http://www.texample.net/tikz/ but I hadn't chance to try.

--
Manveru
jabber: manv...@manveru.pl