2010/7/16 Artimess <artim...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks Manveru,
> I do appreciate your help.  Yes I took your advise and looked at Tikz, yes
> indeed it works fine with latexpdf and although somewhat complicated to
> understand at the beginning, by trail and error I managed to produce almost
> what I needed.
> Artimess
>
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Manveru <manv...@manveru.pl> wrote:
>>
>> 2010/7/15 Artimess <artim...@gmail.com>:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I am having no success on including some pstrick code as I always get
>> > errors.  If I just put the code in a normal documet and do:
>> > latex ->dvi2pdf then it works.
>> > It seems to me that pdflatex has some issues with pstricks.  Is there
>> > any
>> > work around for it?
>> > Thanks
>> > Artimess
>> >
>> > ps:The sample code that I am using is.  yes, I have pstrick and pstree
>> > in my
>> > preamble
>> >
>> > \pstree[radius=3pt]{\Toval{root}}{\TC * \TC* \TC* \TC*}
>>
>> One thing needs to be understand and remembered: pdflatex does not
>> understand POSTSCRIPT. So everything further is a little bit tricky.
>>
>> Please read: http://www.coli.uni-saarland.de/~fouvry/how-do-I.html
>> It may help you understand what you need to have PSTricks working with
>> your LaTeX document. I've tried, but getting results is very heavy and
>> time consuming tasks.
>>
>> And, what is worth mention here, LyX does not support such trickery
>> execution of different types of LaTeX compilers. Some --shell-escape
>> added to pdflatex invocation helps with pst-pdf, but I could cause
>> pdflatex to crash every time you do not use PSTrick in your document.
>>
>> In general, worth to try, but everyday usefulness in minor in my opinion.
>>
>> On the other hand I heard Tikz gives good results with pdflatex:
>> http://www.texample.net/tikz/ but I hadn't chance to try.

It is nice to be helpful. I am glad you were able to express your
thoughts on paper using LyX and other LaTeX tools :-)

Next time, please, keep the list informed about your success or
failures. This is general rule that we all try to keep public
communication on the list still public. Thanks.

--
Manveru
jabber: manv...@manveru.pl