Public release of LyX version 2.0.0 (alpha 5)

We are pleased to announce the fifth alpha release of LyX 2.0.0.

Please note that this release is for testing purposes only and
users are encouraged to use the current 1.6 stable release for any
serious work. We are, however, grateful for any feedback regarding
the bugs and problems you will report to us.

Tarballs can be found at
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.0/ .
Binaries should follow soon.

LyX 2.0.0 will be culmination of more than 20 months of hard work
and you can find an overview of the new features here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX20

Note that some of the features intended for 2.0 are still missing.

If you think you found a bug in LyX 2.0.0, either e-mail the LyX
developers' mailing list (lyx-devel at lists.lyx.org), or open a bug
report at http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome .
Please check that the bug was not already reported before you file
a new one.

We hope you will enjoy the result!

The LyX team.
http://www.lyx.org