On 07/22/2010 10:53 AM, Yegor Yefremov wrote:
Hello,

if I have master document with some child documents and I'm editing
the child and then invoke View->PDF(pdflatex) LyX tries to compile
only this child document and not the whole document beginning with
master. How can I change LyX behavior to always compile a whole
document regardless of what file is edited?

I'll guess that you are opening the child directly, i.e., by itself. So LyX
doesn't know that it's a child and compiles it on its own.

Solution: Set the default master document under Document>Settings.
Then, when you open the document, LyX will always also open the master
as well and identify the child as its child. Then compiling will compile the
whole thing.

Richard