Did you make sure that all of your references in the bib file have a BiBTeX
key ? Also, sometimes accented or extended (8-bit) characters cause the bib
parser from LyX to stop parsing past the "broken" entry. Thus it would only
show the first few parsed entries. Bear in mind that LyX shows the entries
sorted alphabetically by BiBTeX key and NOT in the order that they appear in
the bib file. It may be difficult to find exactly which entry is problematic
if that is the case. I do know that some of my bib files had a similar issue
because I had typed names or other fields in french with accents that were
OK under the Windows encoding I was using, but above the 7-bit standard
ASCII supported by BiBTeX.

Also, what is the entry type for your non-URL-containing entries ? Maybe
your bib file is non-standard or mangled ? Did you validate it was OK with a
tools such as JabRef (http://jabref.sourceforge.net) ? Very often, bib files
that are generated online by bibliography databases are non-standard or
broken, as the support for RIS and Endnote is usually their main concern.

Best regards,

Tennessee Carmel-Veilleux, ing. jr (OIQ)
Electrical engineering masters student, ETS (http://www.etsmtl.ca)
Project AREXIMAS (http://areximas.etsmtl.ca)