On Aug 1, 2010, at 7:06 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Le 19 juil. 10 à 19:49, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
Bruce Pourciau wrote:
Looking at the icons in the dock of my Mac, it's hard not to notice
that
the LyX icon -- with Lydia sitting on top of the letters LyX -- being
relatively complicated, is less readily identifiable and less
"graphic"

i guess you can relatively easy change the icon on your toolbar,
here are different ones http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Icons , choose the
one you like.
pavel

I think the right answer is that all installers should use the same
icon, with
several bitmap and svg versions.

JMarc

Then for simplicity and "graphic identity" I vote for the letters L y X alone, leaving Lydia out.

Bruce