On 6 August 2010 18:24, Benjamin Deschamps <bdeschamps.h...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2) I have external PDF files embedded in the appendices. The are sized
> according to the available text space (6.5 by 9 inches), so the header space
> is not covered. How can I continue the page numbering and headers on theses
> pages?
>
> If you are using "Insert:File:External Material" and pdf pages, you are
already using the "pages={}" in the LyX/LaTeX options tab. If you want to
have the pages/header displayed, add the following to the command to the
LyX/LaTeX options tab (in LaTeX format):

pages={WHATEVER YOU ALREADY
HAVE},pagecommand={\thispagestyle{plain}},scale=1.0

This will make sure that every PDF page included has the command
"\thispagestyle{plain}" added during processing, which should show basic
page numbers. If you are using another style, use its name instead of
"plain" (ie: headings, fancy). See dialog Document:Settings:Page
Layout:Headings Style for the style name you are using.

If you do have some PDF pages which would cover the header space, change the
scale value above from 1.0 to a smaller value, just enough so that the
headers are uncovered. You can also look at the other options for pdfpages
at
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/pdfpages/pdfpages.pdf.

Best regards,

Tennessee Carmel-Veilleux, ing. jr (OIQ)
Electrical engineering masters student, ETS (http://www.etsmtl.ca)
Project AREXIMAS (http://areximas.etsmtl.ca)