On 08/12/2010 07:25 AM, Amir Fathi wrote:
 Hello

I want to remove chapter number from equation numbering
when using "Report" Document class.
I mean instead of having my equations numbered as "(2.6)"
I want them simply to be numbered as "(6) or instead having the
chapter number beside the equation number I want to have the "part"
number beside the equation number.

To do away with the chapter bit
    \renewcommand\thetheorem{\arabic{theorem}}
But you probably want to change when the counters are reset, too. If you want to do this by part, then copy the file theorems-sec.module to your local LyX directory as theorems-part.module, open it, and make what will be fairly obvious sorts of changes. I.e., change "section" to "part" in a few places.

Richard