On 8/12/2010 6:22 PM, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
There are already some shortcuts. Highlight some parts of your formula
and then press "Alt+c" and then "r". This leads to upright characters
(\mathrm).

Alt+c and c gives for example \mathbb.

After typing Alt+c the LyX status bar will show you the available
characters connected to the Alt+c shortcut. For more shortcuts have a
look at the LyX menu Tools->Preferences->Editing->Shortcuts.

This is very useful to know but not visible in the Tools > ... > Shortcuts dialog. (If you filter on Alt+C, only boldsymbol and roman appear, and the user has to recognize that roman implies \mathrm in math mode.) I've filed an enhancement ticket to add the relevant options to the Mathematical Symbols section of Tools > ... > Shortcuts, and in the interim I put a table of shortcuts in the wiki (http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/MathInLyX#toc4).

/Paul