On 01/09/10 19:51, Etienne Snyman wrote:
Dear friendly LyX-users...

@Julien:
On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 16:11 -0400, Julien Rioux wrote:
These are default (I checked for LyX 1.6.5 specifically), but you do
need a recent version of lilypond installed, as mentioned by the
previous useful message. Once installed, select Tools>  Reconfigure from
LyX's menus, and the lilypond converter should get configured
automatically. Do restart LyX after reconfiguration.

Thanks, Julien! You seem to be the general LyX expert for me! That
worked perfectly, although the output is less than desired. At the
moment, it inserts another page with only the single bar of Lilypond
notation on it.

I just checked and got the same problem until I had Lilypond remove the autogenerated "Engraved by Lilypond" (or similar) at the bottom of each page. I did it by including

\header {
    tagline = ""
}

at the top of my lilypond file.

Actually, the "Engraved by lilypond" was not visible within LyX and I suspect it was outside the visible page... But removing it made it possible for lilypond to define its bounding box close to the actual music.

Hope this helps!

Torquil