Wolfgang Engelmann <engelmann <at> uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Am Wednesday 15 September 2010 15:57:06 schrieb Mukhtar Ullah:
> >  Wolfgan,
> >  The screenshot shows what I mean:
>
> Thanks, but I have difficulties with my arrangement (first figure, than
> legend: This is my standard arrangement throughout the book). Lyx errors,
> even after taking out the centering...
> Does the [o] determine, where the figure/legend is placed?
> Could you tell me in the example screenshot I had send you where I should
> place the CapBesBeg and the [o]?
>
> Thanks for your patience and help!
>
> Wolfgang

Wolfgang,
When using captionbeside environment, you have to provide your legend before
your figure. That does not mean that the legend will appear before the figure.
The placement of the two depends on the optional argument, which in my
screenshot is [o]. Following are the possible options:

l – left
r – right
i – inner margin in two-sided layout
o – outer margin in two-sided layout

There are a few problems with your screenshot:
1) You issue \CapBesBeg and \includegraphics commands before (outside) the float
figure environment. They have to be inside, as in my screenshot.
2) The legend and one of the options [l],[r],[i],[o] have to precede the
\includegraphics command, which is not the case in your screenshot.

I hope that helps.
Mukhtar