On 09/17/2010 01:05 PM, RobyC. wrote:
Thank you. I've selected a master document for all my chapters. If I open the master document (in pdf, for example) there aren't problems, but if I open only one chapter the references in the document appears like "[?]". Anyway I can insert the references in the document so the function works well, but the output is still a [?]. Peraphs it's a little bug of lyx.

Oh, I see, we're not talking about opening the document but about viewing it as PDF: compiling it.

The sort of hack mentioned on the wiki is the only way around this. It's not so much a bug as a limitation of LaTeX. That said, 2.0 will include support for the LaTeX \includeonly command, which allows you to view the master document but not actually to compile the whole thing, that is, only to do certain of the children. That effectively solves your problem.

Richard