On 9/19/2010 5:01 AM, Påvel Nicklasson wrote:
Den 2010-09-19 10:48:08 skrev Påvel Nicklasson
<pavelnicklas...@bahnhof.se>:

Hello all!
I am new to Lyx and I want to use it to typeset an academic book.
When I insert a certain book as citation it gets wrongly sorted in the
bibliography. All other titles are sorted on the last namn of the
autor: Doe, John. This particular entry is sorted as: John Doe and
placed out of alphabetical order. I have tested several different
bibliographical styles and imported to and from the Bibtex file
several times but this particular entry is still differently sorted
than every other entry.

Some entries from the pdf-file:

Ortman, Oscar. Se dösen och dö sen gentagelser av
Åke Fredsjö och västsvenskt mesolitikum. GOTARC
Series B Gothenburg Archaeological Theses. Gö-
teborg, 2008.

Åsa Gillberg. En plats i historien: Nils Niklassons liv
och arbete. Nummer 18 i GOTARC. Arkeologiska institutionen Göteborgs
universitet, Göteborg,
2001.

Rydh, Hanna. Oscar Montelius En vägrödjare genom
årtusenden. Åhlén & Söners förlag, Stockholm,
1937.

The incorrect entry is the second. It is sorted on the authours first
name and not placed in any alphabetical order at all.

I use Zotero+Lyz to export to a Bibtex file. I have deleted and
entered the post in Zotero and re-exported it several times, but the
error remains. I have tried to check the bibtex file and the entry
seems to be entered in the same way as everything else.
I do not think the error is due to the fact I write in Swedish. Other
entries with special Swedish characters are sorted correctly
What am I doing wrong?

Best Regards
Pavel

Sorry, there was an error in my first message. The incorrect entry is
the second one from the pdf-list, not the last!

I do not know whether the circumflex on the first character impacts the sort order, but the absence of a comma suggests that BibTeX is reading the author entry as a single name, rather than first name-last name. It might help if you posted the Gillberg entry from the .bib file.

/Paul