Hi

I wrote my thesis in Lyx. Some of my chapter titles are quite long,
so I'd like to use "short titles" to appear in the page headers.
If I add the optional short title to a chapter and then only compile the
chapter, it works fine. Also the latex code looks how it should:
\chapter[Roughness]{Beyond the Lotus Effect: Roughness Influences on Wetting
over a Wide Surface-Energy Range\label{cha:6_BeyondLotusEffect}}

However, when I want to compile the book as a pdf, the following error message
appears:
Use of \...@chapter doesn't match its definition.
Use of \...@chapter doesn't match its definition.
Missing \endcsname inserted.
Extra \endcsname.
Use of \...@chapter doesn't match its definition.

The error message "Use of \...@chapter doesn't match its definition." is
described
as:
 ...nergy Range\label{cha:6_BeyondLotusEffect}}

If you say, e.g., `\def\a1{...}', then you must always
put `1' after `\a', since control sequence names are
made up of letters only. The macro here has not been
followed by the required stuff, so I'm ignoring it.

So, I assume it thinks the label is the problem. However, I can remove the short
title again and the book is well compiled, also with the label.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem? I'm grateful for any help on
this.

I'm working on Windows Seven with Lyx version 1.6.7. The document class is "book
(KOMA-Script)". The language of the user interface in German (which I would
prefer to be in English, but I couldn't figure out how to change it. Doesn't
work under Tools/Settings (Werkzeue/Einstellungen)).

With best regards,
Doris