On Friday 24 September 2010 10:29:10 Rob Oakes wrote:
> Anyone else have any thoughts?

Rob,

I had no idea people were asking for this kind of feature.  Real-time
collaboration on a document seems to me to be a formula for a colossal waste
of time, extending the concept of endless meetings to an online equivalent.

In the organizations I'm involved in, written documents of all kinds seem to
be actively discouraged by most managers.  The most common kind of "report" is
an incoherent PowerPoint presentation put together with thought processes and
artistic taste worthy of a four-year-old.

Writing of any kind is so rare I can't imagine there being any demand for
collaborative writing.
Les Denham