Am 26.09.2010 15:47, schrieb Tóth István Zoltán:

I'm quite new to LyX and at the moment I'm trying to find an easy way to
customize the general table
style. I'm going to write a document with a number of tables and I would like
to change the default
settings for example the font size and the border lines.

This is possible by adding some command to the document preamble. This will redefine the layout for ALL of the document's tables. The commands to change the border width and separation are explained in sec. 2.12.4 "Line Thickness" of the EmbeddedObjects manual that your find in LyX's Help menu. This manual explains in chapter 2 almost all tricks you can do with tables.

regards Uwe