Hello

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Madalina Erascu <mera...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could somebody tell me how could I get a new line in math mode in LyX 1.6. I
> have tried Ctrl+Enter but I get an eqnarray.

I think that you first need to insert a cases environment. Look into
Help > Math > Section 3.5.

> Another question would be: is there apossibility to modify in place (meaning
> directly in LyX) the Latex source? When I export it, modify it, and import
> it again, it is not the same as before. At least in my case.

No, there isn't. LyX understands and has native support for only a
subset a LaTeX. Modifying the LaTeX source in place is not easily (or
at all) achievable. You could however insert TeX commands via ERT
(Insert > TeX code) wherever necessary.

Regards
Liviu

--