iustifico <iustifico <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you, that is exactly what I am looking for. I see, that it is also
> possible to chose a language and lyx highlightens the keywords. That is nice!
>
> But I only want to write Pseudecode. Which of these available languages
> suits for that?

It depends on whether you want "keywords" (such as "if" or "for") highlighted
by a special font.  If no, then you can leave the language box at "no language
selected".  If yes, you want to look for a language that considers the
keywords in your pseudocode to be reserved words.  You might try Python or
maybe sh to start.  I typically use "no language" or else experiment.

> Another question: Is it possible to write mathsymbols into this environment?
CMD-M (MacOSX) doesn't seem to work...

Go to the advanced tab of the listing settings dialog and put mathescape=true in
the right side pane.  You will need to enter the math in raw LaTeX, not using
the math editor.  A trick I use is to use the math editor to type the
math in a math inset, then copy it and paste it into the listings box.  (I
still have to supply the dollar signs myself.)

/Paul