On 11/02/2010 04:16 PM, Frederick Noronha wrote:
Is there some tool that makes the sharing of documents among different
versions of Lyx a little easier? FN

LyX 1.5.7 includes the same version of the lyx2lyx conversion tool that was released with 1.6.0, so that version of LyX should be able to open 1.6.x files. (Newer versions can always open older ones.) And, if you wanted to do so, you could simply copy the LyX 2.0 version of lyx2lyx into your local scripts directory, and LyX will use it.

That said, I guess I'm wondering why people have sufficiently different versions that this would be an issue. The back and forth sometimes will turn LyX constructs into ERT, which can be kind of annoying.

Richard