On 2010-12-02, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> --------------040704030204060009060003

> Am 01.12.2010 20:50, schrieb Egidijus Kamarauskas:

>> It seems to not work for me.
>> I have attached a newfile3.lyx with my text and a screenshot with
>> errors.

> I can verify the problem and found the reason: in the latest version if
> the lithuanian package one needs to use the font encoding "L7x". and
> une _must_not_ use the encoding ISO 8859-13 but uft8x.

L7x is a very non-standard font encoding: The font choice will
be limited to Latin Modern and the PSNFSS fonts.

utf8x loads the unsupported, non-standard ucs package that can lead to
clashes with other packages.

If there are there options to use the latest version of "lithuanian" with
more standard settings, LyX should use them by default.

> In the attached file I used this encoding. To change the font encoding,
> you must open LyX's preverences and replace "T1" with "L7x" in the
> field "TeX encoding" that you find under Output->LaTeX.

Better, replace "T1" with "L7x,T1", so that T1 is still the default
encoding (for English and other languages that do not change the
font-encoding) and L7x is available for Lithuanian.

We could add preamble code to load the file "l7xenc.def" if it exists to
the "languages" file:

  \IfFileExists{l7xenc.def}{\input{l7xenc.def}{}

This would declare L7x whenever Lithuanian is used in the document.

Mind, that this line must not be used with XeTeX/LuaTeX.

Untested.

> If yes, I'll make utf8x the default encoding for Lithuanian for the
> next LyX release.

Please don't if it can be avoided. I suggest "ASCII" instead: LyX will
handle the Unicode->TeX conversion then (and it does a good job at this).

Günter