Am 11.12.2010 um 06:52 schrieb Pete Crite:

>> Am 09.12.2010 um 05:57 schrieb Pete Crite:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm running the latest LyX on Mac OS X. I've had the spellchecker work fine
>>> in the past, using aspell. I've just tried to spellcheck a new file, and
>>> strange things are happening. Quite frequently, words that are spelt
>>> correctly are marked as incorrect. For example "Introduction",
>>> "identification", "differentially" and "alternatively" come up as
>>> incorrect.
>>> What's even stranger is that the suggested spelling is the same identical
>>> word! I click "Replace" continually, but obviously the "new" word is then
>>> seen as misspelt. Oddly enough, if I add the word to the personal
>>> dictionary,
>>> it works next time. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
>>
>> Hi Pete,
>>
>> please check in preferences the spell checker type you are using.
>> The default has changed to Macs native spell checker.
>
> Do you mean LyX's preferences, under Language Settings > Spellchecker?
> The "Spellchecker executable" has the options ispell, aspell, or hspell, and
> I have selected aspell.
> I can't see any option for selecting the native spell checker here.

Ok, you refer 1.6.X with latest LyX - I assumed you refer to LyX 2.0 beta2.
There is no change in spell checker type then.

You said it worked in the past. Do you think you've changed some software
component lately?
Or happens it with this new document only?
Currently I have no clue - sorry.
Perhaps the best you can do is to report a bug with an example document here:
http://www.lyx.org/trac

Regards,
Stephan