> This is a question of the BST file, and different ones will do things
different
> ways. That said, I think the reason it is being formatted as it is is that
you
> don't really need the key before the entry. The key is a lookup for the
entry,
> and, unless something very odd is happening, you ought to be able to look
> this up by finding "Kühnel", etc, etc. This is especially so in this case,
> obviously, since the year is there at the beginning, too.
>
> If you really do want the key at the beginning, then you may have to hack
> your own BST file, and by that I mean not just "use makebst" but actually
go
> in there and put the key in manually.
> This is by no means impossible, but it will take work to learn enough of
the
> BibTeX language to be able to do it.

My reviewer wants me to add the key at the beginning. So I don't have much
of a choice. After knowing, that the key to success is the .bst file, I
tried different ones. Finally I found a natdin2.bst that has been used by a
colleague of mine. This file needed only small adaptions, but the keys at
the beginning worked from scratch.

Thx.