On Wednesday 15 December 2010 11:54:01 Michael Joyner wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> wrote:
> > Michael Joyner wrote:
> > if i ever tried to solve such kind of task i would produce direct .tex
> > files
> > instead of .lyx file though...
> > pavel
>
> One of our initial goals was to try and maintain an easy to edit file
>  format should the internal customers need to "tweak" any of the outputs.
>
> The ones who would be doing the editing are less than technically inclined.
>
> -Mike

Mike,

I REALLY appreciate your making easy to edit file format as a goal. I'd
estimate that half my full-length LyX projects involve editing either with Vim
or with a Perl script. Most of my books start as a VimOutliner outline, which
then is converted by an awk script to LyX native format so that I can handle
my book's structure and even some text in VimOutliner, and when the
structure's correct, move it into LyX. All these things require an easy to
edit LyX native file format.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt