Not sure how much help this will be, but pdfedit can convert a PDF file to XML
format.  Here's a sample font tag from the XML output of a PDF file:

embeddedfontname="VYKOIK+NimbusRomNo9L-Regu" tag="F67" serif="false"
symbolic="true" italic="false" bold="false" ascent="0.678" descent="-0.216"
writemode="horizontal" fonttype="Type1 (8bit)">

You can identify the font from the basename attribute, and weight/slant from
obvious attributes.  Size is tricky.  The difference ascent-descent maps to the
font size, but the conversion is not entirely obvious to me.

I also think there are some Java code libraries out there that can parse XML
files, including font size, but I don't know off-hand which they are (and wasn't
sure in any case that you wanted to write Java code).

/Paul