On 16. des. 2010 09:42, alain.didierj...@free.fr wrote:

I just updated to LyX 1.6.8 on my gentoo amd64 box. Which mean I downloaded the
sources and compiled locally.
It appears that some features are missing or unreachable:
- no menu item to insert pagebreaks, hyperlinks, URL
- no way to display available symbols
- no way to spit main window.
There might be other missing features that I havn't found yet.

So what happened ? Is it my compile or are they gone from this version ?
Will they be back on 2.0 ?

If you had a very old LyX, maybe things have moved. I don't
have LyX 1.6.8, but 1.6.7 and 2.0 both do this:

pagebreak: Insert->Formatting->Page break
Symbols: Insert->Special Characters->Symbols...

Splitting the main window:
View->Split View (two alternatives)

Note that some features may be missing, if LyX believes you don't
have them. (I.e. URL.sty is missing, and similiar)
Try Tools->Reconfigure and restart LyX. Make sure latex is installed on the box.

Helge Hafting