On 12/16/2010 12:42 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
On Thursday 16 December 2010 15:07:01 Steve Litt wrote:
On Thursday 16 December 2010 13:13:46 Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

My book personalization script magically stopped working today, for two
of my six eBooks. Some of the error messages concerned images. I found
that on one book the SVG images in the book got horribly garbled. As far
as I know, I've done nothing the past few days to effect generation. My
LyX is 1.6.4.
Partially solved. The failure to compile had nothing to do with SVG images.
  It was caused by LyX's recently acquired feature of putting @ and \textbar
  into index entries, and can be worked around by changing LyX's LaTeX
  output encoding to T1 instead of default. M-I-C...

Interestingly, two of my four ebooks containing indexes appeared perfectly
able to compile with default encoding, so when I get the time I can
  probably exploit the differences to find out a per-document solution.

As far as image distortion, I suspect that has to do with SVG, so I'll
continue researching that.
More info. My .svg files were created with Inkscape. Their image sizes in
Inkscape were not shrunk down to the size of the graphic, but instead were
8.5x11 or some such. When I put tiny rectangles on the upper left and lower
right, selected everything, and File->Properties->size to selection, saved,
and reran the LyX compile, the images came out approximately right. Two
things:

1) The upper left rectangle has to be quite a bit higher than the highest
material you want to show, because some is cut off.

2) The conversion process loses objects' order from top to bottom, or at least
I'll have to redo the Inkscapes for order.

At this point I'm giving serious consideration to converting to eps manually
and including the eps in my book, because the slightest change to SVG to EPS
conversion could mess up my book at any time.

I'll report more on all this stuff later...

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

Inkscape objects default to the drawing object if you don't select the specific object to export.

- Marc

--
Marc J. Driftmeyer
Email :: m...@reanimality.com <mailto:m...@reanimality.com>