Hello,

I recently downloaded LyX, and am currently writing a paper with it. However,
there are a couple of things I would like to do with the paper which I don't
see how to do from reading the LyX user guide, and I was hoping someone here
could point me in the right direction.

1. I would like to be able to modify my footnotes so that instead of being
labeled by numbers, they can be labeled by the star or diamond or clover
symbols, or any other symbol I prefer.

2. I would like to be able to create the 'red box' link on my footnotes so that
I can click on them in the main text, and they can send me directly to the
corresponding footnote text at the bottom of a page.

Please let me know if I should clarify anything.

Thanks,

Maaneli Derakhshani.