I'm updating my class syllabus, which has a mandatory statement which I
normally frame as follows:

\begin{framed}Students with disabilities who believe they may need
accommodations in this class are encouraged to contact Supportive
Services in FACE 16, 395-4334, as soon as possible to better ensure such
accommodations are implemented in a timely fashion.\end{framed}

The \begin{} and \end{} are in ERT. The entire paragraph is in a
standalone quote environment. I have used this for years.  Now I get the
following message on submitting for a .ps view:

! LaTeX Error: Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item.
Type H <return> for immediate help.
l.58 ...plemented in a timely fashion.\end{framed}
Try typing <return> to proceed.
If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

The .dvi file *is* written out, and I can view it from the temporary
directory /tmp/lyx_tmpdir...  The framed area IS framed, and all else
seems OK from a brief scan of the result.

Any ideas what/where the issue is?

Kenward
--
The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I
have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than