Stefano does not appear to have had his question answered. I have a similar
problem, in that I have a few ancestral trees scattered through a book
(Memoir) with many figures. I do not want these trees to be listed with the
figures; so I denoted them as tables. (Ideally, I would change "Table" to
"Tree"). The main problem is that I want to have a List of Tables (or better
Trees) just giving their page numbers but not numbering them by chapter.
It seems my problems are similar to those of Stefano. What is the easiest
way to handle these problems?

Grateful for any help, thank you George Legge