Hi,

I just want my text within LyX to be in English.  Somehow, without me
trying, LyX seems to think that I'm writing in Afrikaans.  If I check "mark
foreign languages" in the LyX preferences, my entire document gets
underlined in blue. The status bar at the bottom says Font: Default,
Language: Afrikaans.  I can't figure out how to change this.  Under LyX:
Preferences, the Default language is English.  Under Document Settings,
Language is English, and encoding is Language Default.  I don't know what
else to do. Could someone help me out please?

-Gwen