On Saturday 01 of January 2011 18:14:52 Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> If you're using the "rotate cell" button in the table toolbar, the problem
> is that the multirow command is being nested inside the sideways
> environment; you need the nesting in the opposite order.  Try deselecting
> the rotation button in the toolbar and use something like the following
> inside the cell (I'll use tildes to denote start/end of ERT):
>
> ~\multirow{2}{*}{\begin{sideways}~ your text ~\end{sideways}}~
>
> You'll need to add \usepackage{rotating} to the preamble (or trick LyX into
> doing it by rotating an empty cell in the table), and you may need to add a
> little space after your text (say, a hard space or two) to get perfect
> centering.
>
> /Paul

Paul,

I don't know why but I missed this (probably very) useful message! Did not try
your suggestion yet.

I use manual ERT for cell rotations (always). The only (important I guess)
difference  is that you suggest to use the "{\begin{sideways}...". I'll give
it a try and report back.

Apologies for not seeing this before,
Nikos