Short answer: look at the biblatex manual for ¨Citation styles¨, pick one
you like/need and use it as an option when you load biblatex.
For instance (in LyX 1.6.X, in the preamble):

\usepackage[citestyle=numeric]{biblatex}

Longer answer: look into the different styles that have been developed for
biblatex (MLA, philosophy, etcetera) if the standard citestyles do not fit
your needs. A search on CTAN for biblatex may give you an idea of what is
available. In this case, you need to be more careful, bacause sometimes
certain bibstyles need particular version of biblatex and/or some support
from the bibliographic database (i.e. they need certain fields, or expect to
find some values in standard fields). MLA use to have some of this problems,
for instance.

Cheers,

Stefano