From: Hannu Vuolasaho <vuo...@msn.com>
Subject: Help me out of .doc
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org

Hello!

I made small edition to my final thesis in Word and now it looks terrible
again. I want to get rid of it. I have more important things to do than keep
document's layout in looking good.

I have been playing with openoffice writer2latex and lyx for several hours
without notable success.

So could someone import this template doc
http://edu3.tokem.fi/TIEDOSTOT/Tekniikka/Opinnaytetyon_malli_Versio_3_3_21_9_2010.doc
 to lyx and send it back to me if I ask nicely? That doc has three styles.
Cover, beginning and the rest of it. Also appendices need one style more but
I'll figure that out by myself when I get there. No header or footer and
pagenumbers restart. I believe that's easy.

It seems to be too big task for a newbie who just read trough some tutorials
and FAQs. Results should be quite similiar so that when the document is printed
(or PDFed) you can't say which one is from real tool and which is from MS Word.

 believe after I have lyxfile to play, I can copy, paste and adapt to the rest
of document. Or is this one of those things that I have to just live with and
hate those who made computer "easy to use"?

Thanks in advance,
Hannu Vuolasaho