On 23 March 2011 23:01, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

 However,
> many in the Microsoft Word world just don't care. And, frankly, I don't want
> them to switch unless they're willing to take the time to learn a different
> paradigm and understand what is underneath what they do.

with many of these users it is difficult to to get them to learn anything about
what Word/OO can do let alone anything else.  I have seen vast manuals
created in word with finger painting rather than styles, so none of
the automated
numbering/re-numbering, TOC etc features can be used.  It is an uphill
battle to get
them to do this in word, so to try and get them to use another package
seems unlikely.

Word has made it so easy to finger paint...

--
Stephen